Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 27, 2010

Gladiator in the House

Another exhausting weekend and with it came relief that the 5 years of crap that piled up in the garage and storage room  has come to end. Yes, Oscar has left the house!  Perhaps, I should reward myself with this:


Okay, my husband worked so hard too and the reward is for the whole family. Our Gladiator has a shield like this:



Confused? Here's a full length view:




Handsome and rugged don't you think? We have a side by side refrigerator in the A&A kitchen and if you have kids or parties, they are not accommodating as far as large platters, pizza boxes or extra beverages! So, we have always had a second refrigerator in the garage. If you examined the hideous mess of the garage "before" you probably saw your basic white fridge. It was 17 years old and wasn't keeping the temperatures level mainly because it is meant to be inside! I've had a crush on the Gladiator for some time. My favorite part is that it's on huge casters. You may recall from here my love over things with mobility!

Part of the garage makeover.....

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the
    new love in your
    life ~ he's gorgeous
    and looks like he'll
    stand by and protect
    all of your precious
    goodies!! I haven't
    seen the "reveal" of
    the garage but can
    already tell that I'll
    be VERY envious. Thanks
    for the continued
    inspiration!!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with the above comment by Privot and Holly on all accounts! Very needful and very handsome party fridge, on wheels no less, how handy is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool fridge. I love it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a minute there, I had a flash of Russell Crowe on wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a seriously beautiful item. But dangerous...I would wheel it everywhere with me and feast on cold snacks all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it...you can wheel it right on out for a party LOL!. Can't wait for garage results so you can be my source of inspiration to do my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have never seen this - and I thought I'd seen them all! I also have a second "marginally working" white fridge in the garage - think I'll be checking this out! So jealous that you're garage is tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great...now so curious to see your garage...have a feeling I am going to be very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, P&F...you both made me laugh! An idea to consider. The "Felix" in me was just excited that it was mobile to clean under!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, can you fall in love with a fridge..because that one had me at hello party platters and cold beverages! I can't wait to see the rest of the garage now!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am mostly a Felix, but about 10% Oscar. So, I find myself straightening and cleaning, letting things go, and then the cycle begins again! Can't wait to see the results!

    Just the fact that you're attacking the project is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!